Michael and Glenda and all of our workers and staff use a daily devotional from Oswald Chambers called, “My Utmost for His Highest”. We encourage you to join us and find uplifting and challenging readings as we walk together in faith.
Prayer Concerns and Praise Reports for our Ministry
updated 8/12/20 by Mark Erway
We are praying for:
- For Christ to be first in all things
- For the chaos that has been caused by the COVID pandemic since March – the shutdowns, the restrictions, the financial wreckage it is causing and for the actions that leaders and people around the world are taking to cope with it.
- For the opportunities that have been caused by the COVID pandemic – that we will reach out with the gospel message of hope and reconciliation with God through Jesus Christ to everyone around us.
- Prayers of gratitude for all the support that has come in, even though teams have had to cancel, dreams have been put on hold, we have been receiving funds that are helping Michael and Glenda be able to feed over 700 families (about 3500 people altogether) AND continue to keep local Hondurans employed in working on the school project (sporadically, as the restrictions have been lifted and returned, lifted and returned).
- For our Sponsors to keep support of their sponsored children up to date. This is a serious issue of Christian commitment – “Let your yes be yes and your no be no”. We are truly grateful for all who sponsor a child and pray that everyone understands how important it is to stay current. Children who lose support lose trust. Children who lose support lose hope. Those children then see Christians the same as they see anybody else. As of today we have 25 non-renewals, which equals approximately $5,000 that has had to come out of our General Fund.
- Pledged funds to cover the $2500 per month cost of the Mission House
- Pledged funds to cover $1500 per month to cover all Youth Programs
- Increased participation of Doctors and Nurses on our medical teams
- A Dental Team
- Construction teams for 2021 – one team is already committed.
- Our Medical Team has already committed to coming in October 2021.
- Expansion of our supporting base of churches and organizations
- Financial Sponsors, grants, stock donations for the ministry
- Drug problem in Barrio Rincon
- For the FUSION youth groups who have not been able to meet. For Carlos and his ability to stay connecgted. Praise God they have been staying in touch by phone.
- For our Board of Directors and all they do to support the ministry
- The men, women and children in Prison who fight addiction, abuse, and self-esteem issues