Prayer Concerns and Praise Reports for our Ministry
Michael and Glenda and all of our workers and staff use a daily devotional from Oswald Chambers called, “My Utmost for His Highest”. We encourage you to join us and find uplifting and challenging readings as we walk together in faith.
updated 2/27/20 by Mark Erway
We are praying for:
- Sponsors to keep support current. As of today we have 48 non-renewals, which equals approximately $8,000 that has had to come out of our General Fund. We are truly grateful for all who sponsor a child and pray that everyone understands how important it is to stay current.
- Pledged funds to cover the $2500 per month cost of the Mission House
- Pledged funds to cover $1500 per month to cover all Youth Programs
- Increased participation of Doctors and Nurses on our medical teams
- A Dental Team
- Construction teams for 2020
- Expansion of our supporting base of churches and organizations
- Financial Sponsors, grants, stock donations for the ministry
- Drug problem in Barrio Rincon
- Equipment trailer for Medical Teams
- For Michael’s Boys Youth Group; Glenda’s Girls’ Youth Group; and Carlos’ Boys Youth Group
- For our Board of Directors and all they do to support the ministry
- The men, women and children in Prison who fight addiction, abuse, and self-esteem issues
ANSWERED in 2019
- Gerri Sias-Roche came aboard as Coordinator of Helping Hands and has focused on fund raising activities, developing a team of Helpers, and updating our FaceBook page.
- 2019 Annual Luncheon became the 1st Annual Brunch and Auction
- Karen Meiklejohn came on board as Missions Director and
- The old 1999 Dodge pickup truck was replaced with a workhorse Isuzu truck which, although not 4-wheel drive, can haul real heavy loads.
- We had over 300 children in our One Child Sponsorship program.
- 2nd and third generation youth are participating in our Saturday program
- Reached out to flood ravaged Choluteca with water filters and medical supplies
- First sponsored child in Comayagua.
- A great time with Mike and Glenda during their time in the USA.
- A great response from people sponsoring children.
- Mark has been updating our website – Check it out. Borderbuddies.org
- Continued growth in the youth groups with new names: Pequenos Heroes for the Saturday group and Fusion for what we formerly referred to as Mike and Glenda’s groups.
- Pray for the sponsored children that this would be a good, safe year for them in school.
- Pray for Glenda and Areceli as they diligently follow up with these students.
- Pray for the multiple Fusion groups that these teens would grow in their relationship with Jesus and be positive influences in their sphere of influence.
- Pray for teachers, staff and students at 21st of October school as they begin a new joint prayer time each day at noon that they might be encouraged in the Lord together.
- Pray for the recruitment and organizing of teams going to Honduras this year.
- Higher Hope – May 28 – June 8
- Victory Highway – July 3-13
- Hub – July 21-Aug 4
- Las Vegas – Aug 14-23
- Medical team Oct 1-11