Michael and Glenda and all of our workers and staff use a daily devotional from Oswald Chambers called, “My Utmost for His Highest”. We encourage you to join us and find uplifting and challenging readings as we walk together in faith.
Prayer Concerns and Praise Reports for our Ministry
updated 2/27/20 by Mark Erway
We are praying for:
- Sponsors to keep support current. As of today we have 48 non-renewals, which equals approximately $8,000 that has had to come out of our General Fund. We are truly grateful for all who sponsor a child and pray that everyone understands how important it is to stay current.
- Pledged funds to cover the $2500 per month cost of the Mission House
- Pledged funds to cover $1500 per month to cover all Youth Programs
- Increased participation of Doctors and Nurses on our medical teams
- A Dental Team
- Construction teams for 2020
- Expansion of our supporting base of churches and organizations
- Financial Sponsors, grants, stock donations for the ministry
- Drug problem in Barrio Rincon
- Equipment trailer for Medical Teams
- For Michael’s Boys Youth Group; Glenda’s Girls’ Youth Group; and Carlos’ Boys Youth Group
- For our Board of Directors and all they do to support the ministry
- The men, women and children in Prison who fight addiction, abuse, and self-esteem issues
ANSWERED in 2019
- Gerri Sias-Roche came aboard as Coordinator of Helping Hands and has focused on fund raising activities, developing a team of Helpers, and updating our FaceBook page.
- 2019 Annual Luncheon became the 1st Annual Brunch and Auction
- Karen Meiklejohn came on board as Missions Director and
- The old 1999 Dodge pickup truck was replaced with a workhorse Isuzu truck which, although not 4-wheel drive, can haul real heavy loads.
- We had over 300 children in our One Child Sponsorship program.
- 2nd and third generation youth are participating in our Saturday program
- Reached out to flood ravaged Choluteca with water filters and medical supplies
- First sponsored child in Comayagua.
2/27/20 From our Spiritual Director – Harold Lefever
Thanks again for praying. It is always exciting to watch God move as we rest in Him and seak to follow in the path He has put before us.
Here are some praise items:
- A great time with Mike and Glenda during their time in the USA.
- A great response from people sponsoring children.
- Mark has been updating our website – Check it out. Borderbuddies.org
- Continued growth in the youth groups with new names: Pequenos Heroes for the Saturday group and Fusion for what we formerly referred to as Mike and Glenda’s groups.
Here are some prayer needs:
- Pray for the sponsored children that this would be a good, safe year for them in school.
- Pray for Glenda and Areceli as they diligently follow up with these students.
- Pray for the multiple Fusion groups that these teens would grow in their relationship with Jesus and be positive influences in their sphere of influence.
- Pray for teachers, staff and students at 21st of October school as they begin a new joint prayer time each day at noon that they might be encouraged in the Lord together.
- Pray for the recruitment and organizing of teams going to Honduras this year.
Here are the teams and dates to be praying for:
- Higher Hope – May 28 – June 8
- Victory Highway – July 3-13
- Hub – July 21-Aug 4
- Las Vegas – Aug 14-23
- Medical team Oct 1-11
May the Joy of the Lord be your strength.