One Child School Sponsorship Program
Give the gift of education. Give the gift of hope.
One Child School Sponsorship Program is a sponsoring program linking individuals in the United States with a child from Honduras. This program covers boys and girls from 1st Grade through 12th grade.
- The school year in Honduras begins in February and ends in mid-November.
- For the 2020 school year, cost to support a child:
- Grades 1-6 is $160.00 per year
- Grades 7-12, $270.00 per year.
- We encourage you to pray about sponsoring a child (or children) for the duration of his or her education – until completion of the 12th grade.
- We currently have over 300 sponsored children in over 7 different schools.
- We currently have a waiting list of over 100 children in need of a sponsor.
Support covers the following basic needs:
- One tailored uniform including a dress shirt underneath and dress shoes
- One gym uniform (sweatpants, T-shirt, and a pair of sneakers)
- Basic school supplies: backpack, pencils, pens, erasers, notebooks, project materials, scissors, dictionary, rulers, subject school books, glue etc.
- Required courses for Grades 7-12: Computer, English, Home Economics
Border Buddies Ministries will send you a brief biography of your child(ren). In addition, BBM will keep you informed of your child’s academic progress. Any letters written to your child(ren) will be translated by BBM. Children enjoy receiving letters and pictures. BBM will translate any letters sent by your child(ren). For more information on this program, please contact Glenda Miller at email@example.com.
- If you are interested in Sponsoring a Child or Children, download and fill out the appropriate form below . Please print and mail to:
Border Buddies Mininstries Inc.
P.O. Box 1254
Elmira, NY 14902
There are three different forms
- For first time sponsors, download: 2019 Sponsor Form NEW CHILD
- To renew a child you already sponsor, download: 2019 Sponsor Form RENEWAL
- To sponsor or renew a child in the INFOP Technology School, download: 2019 Sponsor Form INFOP